It’s that time of year…PUMPKIN EVERYTHING!
This recipe was inspired by @confessionsofafitfoodie and @eatingbirdfood
I definitely recommend adding in the sliced banana and chocolate chips, it’s SO GOOD!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin purée
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup almonds, walnuts, or pecans (or a mix of all), chopped and divided
- Optional: 1 banana, sliced
- Optional: 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray a medium oven-proof glass dish (8×10) with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and salt.
- Add in the milk, pumpkin, maple syrup, flaxseed, coconut oil and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add in 1/2 cup nuts and any extra options (banana, choc chips etc), mix gently.
- Pour oatmeal mixture into the oven-proof dish.
- Sprinkle the rest of the chopped nuts on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the center is set.
- Remove from oven, let cool a little, and serve warm with a little maple syrup drizzled over top. Or store in fridge for the week.
- Makes 6 servings.