This week’s healthy homemade treat is
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
(with an added protein superfood boost!)
These are SO good, the only problem with them is knowing that they’re sitting in my fridge quietly calling my name…
- 1.5 cups all natural Peanut Butter (we love the Whole Foods brand)
- Vegan Vanilla Shakeology or a clean, plant-based protein powder of choice (you can also just use Coconut flour if you don’t want the added protein superfood boost)
- 1 slab dark chocolate (70% or more)
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- Silicone muffin tray or regular muffin tray with cupcake liners
- Prepare a muffin tray, and make sure you have space in your fridge (or freezer) for the tray.
- Mix the peanut butter with as much protein powder as you need to create a dough. (add powder in small increments until you achieve the correct consistency – the dough should hold form but still be soft, not sticky).
- Roll the dough into small balls and flatten slightly to form discs and place into each muffin cup.
- Refrigerate or freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil over low heat or in a double boiler.
- Dip each PB disc into the dark chocolate until covered and place back into the muffin cups. Pour a little extra chocolate into each muffin cup to surround (but not drown!) the PB discs.
- Refrigerate (or freeze) until chocolate hardens.
- Store in fridge (or freezer) – you can eat them right out the freezer!
Give them a try and let me know what you think!
Click here to get your Shakeology