I know I could chase my dad a mile with these (anything that “shouldn’t” be green, but is 😂), but they came out perfectly and are so tasty, so I just had to share!
I found a recipe online for Spinach Muffins, but it wasn’t as healthy as I would’ve liked (and this momma has goals, lol) so I revamped it a little. They are cinnamon-y, soft, and delicious!
Here’s what you’ll need:
• 2 cups oats, blended until flour-like
• 4 Tbsp flaxseed, ground
• 2 tsp cinnamon
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 3/4 cup coconut milk (of milk of choice)
• 1/2 – 3/4 cup pure maple syrup (more syrup, more sweet…duh)
• 1.5 bananas
• 1 egg
• 6oz spinach (1 whole bag!)
• 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
All you have to do is:
1. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Blend the wet ingredients together until spinach is completely puréed (like really, NO BITS!)
3. Then gently fold the wet in with the dry – don’t over stir, they’ll flop!
4. Pour the batter into muffin cups (about 90% full)
5. Bake for 22-24 minutes at 350°F (enough so that they’ve set, but haven’t started browning)
It should make around 12 muffins, but you could also try filling each muffin cup a little less and getting 18 muffins from the batter.
Store them in an airtight container, and these would also be perfect for freezing (if you don’t eat them all first!)
I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
Let me know what you think when you try them out.