I have a serious sweet tooth, so when I manage to make quick, easy, and healthy recipes that actually taste good I am over the moon! Here’s my latest cookie addiction, healthy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (aka Sinless Cookies) 🍪
- 2 ripe bananas (the riper the better)
- 1/2 cup all-natural peanut butter (we always add in more, because PEANUT BUTTER!!)
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1.5 cups rolled oats (you can blend them until fine – like a flour – OR just leave the oats whole. Both options work great!)
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips (or any “extras” you choose)
NOTE: You can sub out the chocolate chips for anything else that you would enjoy, shredded coconut, chopped nuts, raisins/craisins, etc. We often add in nuts, coconut, AND chocolate chips – you can’t really go wrong with adding in these extras!
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Mash the 2 bananas well
- Add in the peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and cinnamon, and mix together
- Blend your oats until fine (or leave them whole, whatever you prefer), then add to the banana mixture.
- Add in the chocolate chips, and mix all ingredients together well.
- Scoop out cookie dough onto a baking sheet (using parchment paper makes clean up much easier!), flatten them slightly.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until edges are brown.
- Let cool, and ENJOY!
MOM NOTE: These make AWESOME teething cookies (you can even shape them differently if you wish), however, 1. put aside some dough BEFORE adding in the chocolate chips to make the teething cookies, and 2. I would blend up the oats for Caleb, otherwise he would just spit out all of the whole oats. As he got older I started doing half blended oats and half whole oats.
Let me know what you think when you give them a try!