Anyone who knows me, knows I. LOVE. CHOCOLATE! However, I am also quite fussy about my chocolate (as with anything that I put into my body). Over the years I have gone for a “student eater” (someone who is willing to eat pretty much anything – especially if it is free!), to someone who is an obsessive label-reader, and probably quite annoying when out doing the grocery shopping.
I was super slow to the whole “healthy-flourless-chickpea-baking” trend. To be honest, I was totally freaked out by the idea of using chickpeas to make anything sweet and delicious. Well, turns out I shouldn’t “yuk” something until I have actually tried it, because THESE. ARE. YUM!
What you will need:
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 4 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract (or any extract of choice – vanilla, caramel, or mint are our favorites!)
Optional Extras (and of course I recommend picking one or two of them)
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
What you should do:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Prepare 12 muffin cups with liners.
3. Place all ingredients into blender. Blend until smooth.
4. Mix in Optional Extras of choice.
5. Divide batter into 12 muffin cups.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
7. Cool completely and ENJOY!
Let me know what you think when you try them out!
Original recipe from the Team Beachbody Blog