- 1 small pita bread (whole wheat)
- All natural, no sugar added Tomato Sauce (our favorite is Whole Foods 365 Italian Pasta sauce)
- 1 blue container shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 red container cooked and seasoned ground beef (or homemade burger chopped up – as in the photo above)
- Herbs and spices to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Spray a baking sheet with coconut oil non-stick spray
- Place pita bread on baking sheet and spread a thin layer of tomato sauce on top.
- Add the cooked ground beef, and cover with the cheese
- Sprinkle any herbs or spices on top (we used ground chili flakes, oregano, basil, and thyme)
- Cook for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese has completely melted.
- Let cook for a few minutes, and ENJOY!