Hearty Turkey Chili
When is starts getting cold outside, this is one the tastiest ways to warm.
- 2 sweet onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 4-6 cloves of fresh, crushed garlic
- 2 lbs. organic ground turkey (for a vegetarian option you could use lentils instead)
- 28oz. jar of organic crushed tomatoes
- 3 x 6oz. cans of tomato paste
- 1 finely diced jalapeno
- 1 summer squash, chopped
- 3 organic carrots, chopped
- 1 can organic kidney beans
- 1 can organic black beans
- 1 can organic cannellini beans
- 2 Tbsp. of organic raw sugar
- ½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1-2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. crushed chipotle chili
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
Sauté the onions in coconut oil in a large pot. Add the garlic, cook for 1 minute, then add the ground turkey.
Once the turkey has browned add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, diced jalapeno, summer squash, carrots, beans, raw sugar, and spices (those amounts are a good starting point, but add to taste depending on how spicy you like it).
Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer until all veggies are tender (or as long as you can, the longer the better).
This recipe freezes well, so feel free to double up and save some for another rainy day.