We grew up on Butternut Soup in our house, so this is definitely a favorite of mine. My mom still makes the best butternut soup in the entire world, but since we now live on different continents and I can’t just pop over for a warm, tasty bowl of creamy goodness, I have resorted to creating my own version of our dearly loved family favorite. Here it is:
Delicious Fall Butternut Soup
- 1 whole butternut (peeled and cubed)
- 1 large sweet potato (peeled and cubed)
- 3 medium organic carrots (peeled and cut)
- 1 small sweet onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. coriander
- cayenne pepper to taste (about 1/4 tsp. to start, optional)
- fresh rosemary to taste (about 1 Tbsp. fresh leaves)
Peel and cut butternut, sweet potato, and carrots and put to the side.
Sauté the onion and crushed garlic. Add the paprika, basil, coriander, cayenne pepper, and rosemary. Slowly pour in the vegetable broth and let simmer for a few minutes. Add in the chopped vegetables and let cook on low heat until butternut is soft (breaking apart).
Place in a blender (I love my Ninja Blender and Food Processor) and blend until smooth and creamy.